this post contains affiliate links, which contribute towards my oat-milk cappuccino fund at no extra cost to you. thank you!
hair mask / towel / style extender / thermal spray / comb / curl cream / dry shampoo
My healthy haircare routine is pretty simple: I wash my hair 2-3 times per week, usually let it air dry overnight, and touch up my natural waves in the morning. These are the seven products that I always have on hand to get 3-4 days between washes, fight frizz, and avoid heat styling as much as possible.
1. Hair Mask: Because my hair is pretty dry and prone to frizz, I use a hair mask about once a week. My current favorite is this mask by Kristin Ess. LUSH has a jasmine hair mask that’s perfect for avoiding fluffy hair in a humid climate. Occasionally, I’ll mix up an egg yolk hair mask and pretend I’m Marie Antoinette.
2. Turban Towel: Using a hair towel like this one is just so much better than using a bath towel, and so much easier than the t-shirt or paper towel methods out there. It helps my hair dry faster and with less frizz – I even bring one along when I travel.
3. Style Extender: One of my newest (and favorite) additions is this style extender serum. It keeps my hair looking better longer and adds a subtle touch of texture and hold. A little goes a long way; I’m still using a sample that I got months ago.
4. Thermal Spray: I’ve been using this Tresemmé thermal spray for almost ten years and there’s no end in sight. Even if I’m not using heat, I comb this through wet hair before it air-dries for a little extra nourishment. It’s also great at reviving my natural texture on days 2 and 3, sans frizz.
5. Wide-Tooth Comb: On wet and dry hair, I use this wide-tooth comb to evenly distribute products, minimize breakage, and keep as much of my natural wave as possible. It looks pretty on my vanity, and you can find a fancier version here. I rarely use a brush on my hair, but if I do it’s this one.
6. Curl Cream: Even though my hair isn’t curly, a dab of this curl cream from Target gives some good texture and moisture when thermal spray alone is not enough.
7. Dry Shampoo: Everyone’s favorite hair product is one of mine, too. I switch between Living Proof’s version and a brunette tinted Klorane one. Two key tips: apply before you notice your hair is oily, and apply before bed instead of in the morning. Your hair will look and feel so much better!
shop the post
my free printable five-step
guide to packing light &
traveling in style